Jackson, my love,
Tonight is the 2nd night in a row that I put you in your bassinet awake and you fell right asleep. I had to turn on your baby monitor to the static sound, but you fell asleep without even crying. It's sad when I don't use your monitor to listen to you from another room but to lull you to sleep with the static! I didn't even swaddle you tonight.
Now taking a nap is a totally different story! You won't nap if your life depended on it, which is probably why you've gone down the last 2 nights with no problem. The unfortunate part is that you are soooo cranky during the day sometimes, and it's because you're tired! Why won't you just sleep if you're tired?! You definitely didn't get that trait from me. I love a good nap!
Yesterday I tried to put you down for a nap in the crib by yourself again, and you lost your marbles! Boy, you can cry! Eventually you fell asleep, but not before my heart broke at the sound of your tears. Mimi tried again with you today while you were at her house, and you sure are a stubborn one! Again, a trait you didn't inherit from me! : ) It's heartwrenching and may kill Mimi and I, but you'll be a better, well-rested baby because we're not giving up on you. You need to nap! As Baby Wise says, "Napping is not an option!"
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Why Won't You NAP?!
Posted by jackson'smama at 8:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I think consistency is the key to it don't give up eventually he will get it it also breaks my heart when he cries so much
he did not get this from his dad either as he was a very easy baby
Post a Comment