CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 18, 2008

Jackson's World

Well, Jackson had his 4 mo. well check today, and he doesn't weigh as much as I thought he would. Don't get me wrong, Dr. Lau wasn't begging me to feed him more. His actual words were, "He's not too fat and he's not too thin. He's proportional for his age." Jackson weighed in at 17lbs. 14oz. (95th percentile) and is 27 1/4 inches long (97th percentile). He had a healthy check-up and got 4 shots in his legs. We both did better than we did last time with the shots. Jackson cried, but didn't scream, and I didn't cry at all. I think if he would have screamed in pain it would have pushed me over.

On another note...SCHEDULE SCHMEDULE!! I have dedicated the past few days to getting Jackson on a schedule. I've purposely stayed home with him to get him to nap at certain times and eat at certain times. HAH! Things never go as planned, and it throws off my whole "schedule." He doesn't eat when he's supposed to, and he falls asleep at the wrong times. I find myself saying, "NO! It's not time for you to fall asleep!" So, I'm not going to waste another one of my days trying to get him on a "schedule." He doesn't play by the rules.

Which leads me to the next topic...REGRESSION. We have been regressing over here! The past three nights have been horrible! Let's take last night, for instance. I was woken up at 12:40a.m., 2:15a.m., 2:45a.m. (yes, he woke up crying, fell back asleep, and woke up 15 min. later), 4:30a.m., 5:30a.m., and we finally got up at 6:30a.m.! Sheesh!

The good news is that he's still as cute as ever! Here he is with Mimi singing the "Itsy Bitsy Spider" when we went to visit yesterday. His eyes light up when he hears this song. I love you, Jackson, even though you think keeping me awake at night is your new hobby!

3 comments:

themonteleones said...

Those babies....that is what they love to do, throw you off as soon as you think you got it figured out. He is still a little young to be on a napping schedule, don't worry he will figure it out!!

Bill and Paige said...

It's Jackson's world and you just live in it!!

Anonymous said...

He better let you get some sleep tonight. You're on w/ the little darlings in Room 35 tomorrow!!!