You all know that my little Jackson is a cat napper. He'll nap 20-25 min. off an on during the day. Mostly off, but when he is on, you can set your clock to him. He'll pop his eyes open at about the 20 min. mark and then he's done.
If I'm home during the day, I'll try to lay him down to teach him to fall asleep on his own and take a nap. Ha ha! The other day, I put him in his crib, turned on his mobile, and left him to his own devices. Before long, he was crying up a storm. I set my timer to 10 min. and let him "cry it out." At the end of the 10 min, I had a very mad, sweaty baby, but at least I tried.
Today, I tried again. I changed him, fed him, and put him in his bed awake but drowsy. He protested when I put him down, but I left him and set my timer for 10 min. At first he cried, then I could hear him cooing, then he whined, and then he went into a full-blown cry. In the end, it was about 20 min., and he still wasn't even close to sleeping. My mom heart strings tugged me back into his room, and I picked him up. Of course, as soon as I picked him up, he was as happy as a clam. As I type, he is asleep in his swing, but only because I rocked him to sleep. I know, I know. As the pediatrician once said to me, "It's your funeral!"
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
It's Your Funeral!
Posted by jackson'smama at 12:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Azure, when you're doing this by yourself, you try your hardest, and don't give up--but ultimately you gotta do what works for you. He'll get the picture soon enough.
You are doing a fabulous job. You will know when it is time to let him cry it out. I PROMISE though, it will only take 2-3 days although it seems like a lifetime.
Post a Comment