CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Your Very First Christmas

Jackson my love,

I have to tell you all about your first Christmas because you won't remember it and probably won't remember any Christmas for several years. We had a big day today. We started off opening presents here with your cousins, but you slept the whole way through. I didn't even get a picture of you opening your gifts. You got some pretty cool stuff! Auntie Danielle and I gave Mimi a professional portrait of her four grandsons, and it brought everyone to tears. You boys are the most handsome boys!

Then your extended family came over, and it was very noisy and chaotic at Mimi's. You cranked out a bit, slept a bit, and smiled a bit. You definitely needed a nap but couldn't find the time to squeeze one in. You didn't want to miss out on everything going on around you.


In the afternoon, we went to Grandma Zaffie's for a bit to see your uncles, aunts, and cousins. Once we walked in the door, it was like we were getting mobbed by the papparazzi. I held you while there were at least four cameras taking pictures of you. You were definitely the hit of the show. You got a bit cranky while we were there, but everyone loved you just the same. You were soooo tired and it made you cranky. Mommy feels bad when you're cranky for people because she wants them to see how fun you are when you smile and coo, but that's the life of a baby. They understood. On the way home, you fell asleep in the car again but woke up the second I took you out. Typical! : )

We then headed over to another family party where your Aunt Betsy held true to her letter and let you slobber all over her. Now you are sound asleep all swaddled up for the night. You should sleep well tonight.

I had a great Christmas because you are the best gift I could ever ask for. It's days like this that remind me just how loved you are. You have a great family and they all love you to pieces. I look forward to every Christmas with you. I love you, Jackson Chance! Merry 1st Christmas!
xoxo,
Mommy

3 comments:

Debby said...

Jackson, you have filled an empty spot in our lives. You are truly blessed to have so many people that love you "sooooo big!"

themonteleones said...

Sounds like a busy but wonerful day! Jackson is very lucky!!!

Anonymous said...

It's a shame you haven't bonded w/ your baby, Azure!