Today Jackson, Mimi, and I went to see Dr. Lau for his 2 month appointment. Jackson weighed in at 14lbs. 8oz. and is 24 1/2 inches long! Dr. Lau said he is in the 95th percentile for his weight, which means that if there were 100 babies born on the same day as Jackson, Jackson is bigger than 95% of those babies!! He said he's big, but proportional. Whew...
Then came the shots...Jackson had to get 4 different shots in his legs. My job was to hold his arms so they wouldn't get in the way. As the nurse was about to give him his first one, I was cheek to cheek with Jackson trying to let him know I was there. She gave him the first one, and he cried. I was trying to soothe him, and by the third shot, he was SCREAMING and Mimi and I were both in tears. The nurse handed us a box of Kleenex. It was the saddest thing to hear him sreaming in pain. I thought I was going to be able to hang in there and not cry, but there's something about the sound of your child screaming that cuts you to the core.
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Oh My...
Posted by jackson'smama at 1:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you know how I don't like to see him cry I am glad I was not there I would have been sobbing
I only want to see him happy I guess I am glad is over and that he forgot all about it
yes, yesterday he looked real big to mee
I remember those shots..both my kids had a horrible reaction. It does get worse, wait until he can say...."no, mommy no,no mommy" That is real fun!!!! Luckily they forget so fast!
Post a Comment