My Grandson Jackson Chance,
I have known you in my heart since your mommy was a little girl. I knew one day you would come, I just didn’t know your name. I was in total awe of God and the universe when I saw your 8 week ultra sound, and your little heart beating below your giant pumpkin head.
The day we found out you were a boy, your mommy said, “He isn’t your first grandson, or your second, or your third . . . he is your fourth grandson. I wanted him to be special.” There wasn’t a “chance” in the world that you weren’t going to be special to ALL of us. Mommy loved knowing she was having a boy, but maybe she thought Grandpa and I wanted you to be a girl. Heck no! We need you to be a part of Luca, Rocco and Bruno’s tribe! We needed YOU!
The one thing I want you to know – more than absolutely anything – is how wanted and awaited you were. When your mommy’s tummy kept getting bigger and bigger with you, we would talk about you and imagine what you would look like, what you would be like, and even what you would do with your life. Your birth was an event I will never forget. I screamed a silent prayer when you first came out, “BREATHE, JACKSON , BREATHE!”. It was me who filmed you as you gurgled that first cry, who captured the tear of joy as it trickled from your mommy’s eye and ran into her ear, and it was me who cut your umbilical cord. Wow.
I have a plethora (we will look that word up when you are older) of things to teach you and of love to give you. For now, I want you to know my wish for you is to know God and to have “enough”. In the next 20 years together, we will talk about what enough is, and what makes sense in a world that thinks that excess is better. I love you, Jackson.
Mimi
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
A Letter From Your Mimi...
Posted by jackson'smama at 4:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
WOW, another great letter to Jackson....He is so LOVED!!!!
Auntie Danielle
Too sweet, you made me cry. Jackson is so lucky to have you as his mimi!!!
Post a Comment