CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A Letter From Betsy...

So, little Jackson, I'm your Aunt Betsy (who?), whom you're welcome to pee or wipe your snot trail on anytime! I sometimes took care of your sweet mommy when she was in diapers -- she was a very inquisitive little thing with big eyes who was always ready to take it all in and learn from everything, everyone around her. I suspect you've got her sharply honed cranium, sir.

You are a very lucky little boy with a world of love at his fingertips. Your Mimi is a grand-parental award winner, your grandpa Russ will teach you many, many handy things, and your 3 little boy cousins will be insanely fun cohorts (and likely you will succeed in narrowly averting real trouble in adolescence). Lots of other adult sorts to point you in the right direction and tweak your cheeks, too. Your Aunt Paula told me about your visit to her doctor's office for your thrush. Blecchy. Life can be hard sometimes, Jackson, but if you focus on that lollipop, sticker, nap, or Happy Meal at the end of the discomfort, it will seem all that much quicker and tolerable. I can hardly wait to see you at Christmas time -- I'm sure you won't have socks on (see my tip later, Azure!) but you'll have bells on! Sweet baby, love to you!

XOXO,Aunt Betsy (and cousins Sofia and Zachary)

2 comments:

Mommy said...

Wow, that was such a wonderful letter to Jackson. He does have a GREAT MOMMA!!!!!!!!

Danielle

Debby said...

Nice work, Aunt Betsy!

Mimi