As I suspected, Jackson has thrush again! I took him to the doctor this morning, and we got a confirmation on the thrush. Bummer! He also has conjunctivitis in his left eye. The doctor said that he could have gotten it by scratching his eye and it got infected. We now have medication for both problems and we're on the road to recovery! You'd think I was neglecting this child!
And you're not going to believe this, but my findings were correct. Jackson officially weighs 14lbs. 3 and 1/4oz.!! The doctor commented on what a big boy he was for his age. He also said that he looks very healthy and besides the thrush and conjunctivitis, he's in good health.
But...the biggest news of the day is how well Jackson did at the doctor's office and pretty much all day. When he was little, if he was awake, he was crying. Today when we got to the doctor's office Jackson was dead asleep. When it was time to weigh him I had to wake him up, take him out of his car seat, and get him buck naked to weigh him. He didn't even cry! In fact, he smiled. While we were waiting for the doctor, Jackson was smiling and cooing at Mimi (my mom) for a good 10 min. Then he was patient and just looking around until the doctor came in. When we left the doctor, he didn't even cry when he was put in his car seat, and he fell asleep walking out to the car! Seriously, who stole my cranky baby and gave me this nice, calm one? Not that I'm comlaining! You're were such a big boy today, Jackson. I wanted to buy you an ice cream cone, but since you're too little, you'll have to settle for a milkshake. : )
I have the cutest video of Jackson from this morning cooing and looking all old. I've tried to post it twice now and it failed. I'll post it as soon as I can get it to work. Stay tuned....
Monday, December 10, 2007
Don't THRUSH Me!
Posted by jackson'smama at 3:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Jackson is sooooo big! (Arms all the way up Jackson!)
Mimi
Post a Comment