I don't think Jackson realizes that I need to shower at some point every day. I try to get him to sleep before I jump in, but it doesn't always work out that way. I put him in his bouncy seat and put him in the bathroom with me so I could peek out from the shower to keep an eye on him.
Today things started off pretty well. Jackson seemed to enjoy the sound of the water of the shower, but like everything else, things only last for about 5 min. with him. Pretty soon he was cruisin' at speed 3 (screaming), and I was rushing through my shower to get to him.
Yesterday I bought a book called The Happiest Baby on the Block (the underlining of a book is the teacher in me, just ignore). It said babies like the sound of loud, white noise, like the noise of a vacuum cleaner. So here I am, fresh out of the shower but still needing to get dressed and do something with my hair, and Jackson is screaming. I thought I would try out the theory of white noise. . .the vacuum cleaner.
It seemed weird to bring out the big vacuum and just let it run, so I got my little Dustbuster vac, turned it on, and put it next to Jackson in his bouncy on the floor. OMG! He stopped crying instantaneously! He just sat there and stared. I let the Dustbuster run while I finished getting ready, and Jackson was none the wiser. I couldn't believe it actually worked! In true Jackson fashion though, it only lasted about 5 min., but I'm going to blame that on the Dustbuster running out of juice. Let's go with that! : )
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
Dustbuster To The Rescue!
Posted by jackson'smama at 11:09 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment