CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 31, 2008

What's In A Name?

Jackson Chance...

I have gotten so many compliments on the name "Jackson" that it makes my heart smile. I thought naming a baby wouldn't be that big of a deal, but it was a huge process for me. I named my hamsters and my dog like it was nothing, but naming a kid was a whole different thing. I wanted a name that meant something and was unique enough to not be a name you hear every day. I also didn't want his name to be so unique that no one can pronounce it, like...Azure. Don't get me wrong, I love the uniqueness of my name now as no one ever asks, "Azure who?!" but it was difficult growing up with a name no one could say or remember. Don't fret, Momma...I have gotten a ton of compliments in my life about my name as well.

So where did I come up with the name, Jackson Chance? Well, I have a friend who has friends with a little boy named Jackson. (There goes the unique part of the name!) I really liked that name from the day I heard it, but what sealed the deal was that there is a song by Dave Barnes titled, "Jackson." I looove Dave Barnes, and I love the name, so it was meant to be. I came up with Chance because I truly feel that Jackson was given to me to give me a "chance" at a whole new life. So there you go...Jackson Chance. I love it! : )

0 comments: