Jackson and I have gotten into a pretty good night time routine. I swaddle him, nurse him, and he's off to la la land. It's super easy and works like a charm...until tonight. We did our usual routine, and as most moms know, it's bliss when they're down and you can actually get some time to yourself. So here I am catching up on stuff, and I hear him whimpering. I let him whimper for a minute or so and then realized he wasn't going to go back to sleep on his own. I went into the room and there he was, wide-eyed and bushy tailed an hour after I put him down. He took one look at me and gave me this cheesy grin. I couldn't help but love on him because he was so cute. I didn't pick him up though. Instead, I tried to rock the bassinet. At first I was rocking up and down and then realized that Jackson doesn't like up and down! He likes side to side. He literally likes his head to bob from side to side and that usually will get him to sleep. So after I switched, he was asleep and smiling in his sleep in no time. I snuck out of the room, like parents for generations have done, and was home free. That was until about 5 min. later where he's now crying almost full speed. Is he too young to let him "cry it out?!"
Monday, January 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
With a first child yes, but after three kids NO!!! He is just having a bad night. Bruno had his last night.
It is so hard with your first child because you can't stand to listen to them cry. Although the most important info. I got was to teach your child to sleep and to do that you do have to let them cry. It will only take a couple of days, I promise!
ohhh...sorry about your luck! wish I could offer advice but my kids still don't sleep!
Post a Comment