As you know, Jackson HATES the car. He always has, but now I'm thinking it's not so much the car he hates but the actual car seat. When I put him in his car seat in the house, he instantly starts crying the second I put him in it. I first thought that maybe the straps were too tight, but he would cry before I even buckled him in. I used to be able to rock his car seat with one hand while I was driving or put on static, but neither of those tricks seem to be working these days. Yesterday he SCREAMED bloody murder when we were in the car. The second I pick him up, he's fine. He just loathes that car seat, which makes him loathe the stroller because it's the car seat just attached to a metal frame with wheels. I have to put him in the Baby Bjorn if I want to shop without the headache.
I checked online to see if anyone else was having the same problem with this car seat, and everyone loves this one. It got really good safety ratings as well.
So the mom in me wants to do whatever I can to fix the problem because he gets really upset, and I'm talking really upset. He gets really sweaty and his hair starts to curl! I've even thought about getting a different car seat, but he'll probably hate the next one too. I'm trying my best to tell him to "Buck Up!" but it's killing me!
Thursday, January 3, 2008
Someone Has the Car Seat Blues
Posted by jackson'smama at 10:41 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Cous! Just wanted to know if you got a chance to hear about the Baby Wisperer that was on Oprah a few weeks back! If you haven't you need to..she has decoded the baby's noises to be able to understand what they want....You probably can get her info at Oprah.com...check it out!
love you two!!
~Michelle Bankhead~
You are more than welcome to try mine Azure, it is just sitting in the garage. Call me if you want to try it, it probably won't make a difference but is sounds like it is worth a try.
I have a car seat in my car
you are welcome to try it
I'll bring it in and you can try it at home first
Jackson you are a funny kid!
Post a Comment