CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Big Moment

If you know Jackson, you know how hard it is to get him to sleep sometimes. Once you do get him to sleep, you have to make sure he's really asleep before you lay him down or he'll wake up and you'll have to start all over. So tonight I swaddled him and nursed him, our usual routine. When I went to burp him, he threw up all over me and pooped himself all on the same push. Once again, common Jackson stuff. So I go and change him and made sure he was all clean, and I decided to try to put him to bed wide awake. I went in and laid him in his bassinet, put on some white noise, and left the room. I heard him whine for a couple of minutes and then silence! Of course, my "new mom" thought immediately went to, "Is he still breathing? Is he choking on his own vomit?" Nope...my little baby Jackson was sound asleep! That's a moment! I feel like a big boy mom!


P.S. Tomorrow we're trying another car seat (thanks, Kim!). We'll let you know how it goes!

3 comments:

zaffie said...

that is precious picture
gamma loves him like that
not crying and happy and for mommy to get some rest
perfect!

Mommy said...

Way to hold out and let him fall asleep on his own, this might be the beginning of something great. Your such a Great Mommy Azure!!!!

Auntie

Uncle Mike said...

I'm so glad (for Azure) that my nephew is learning the importance of the good night's sleep. What an awesome kid!