CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Temper, Temper!

I think I'm in trouble here! Jackson is starting to get a temper on him. Okay, I should rephrase that. He's had a temper since he was tiny, but now it's more like "I'm not getting my way" kind of temper.

Today at the store he had to touch everything that came remotely near him and put it in his mouth. I was trying to buy an umbrella for the backyard so we can swim in our plastic pool in the shade, but I got so frustrated trying to pick one out and carry it that I had to put it back and leave the store. Jackson was trying to put the umbrella in his mouth. It was covered in plastic, so he was trying to get something in his mouth, and when I wouldn't let him, he would scream! He has a very strong grip, so wresting anything from him is difficult. I know that sounds stupid since he's only 5mo. old, but it's true. So there I was in the store, wrestling with a 5mo. old!

To top it off, on the way home Jackson was so tired but refused to go to sleep. He screamed the entire way home. He was so much better in the car for a few days there, but he's back to crying/screaming any time we go somewhere. Yay for me!

3 comments:

themonteleones said...

Welcome to the world of not getting my way and screaming about it...the next 2 years should be lots of fun when it comes to that. There are sooo many other things that make it so much better as they get older. Enjoy!

Mommy said...

Oh AZ, I am sorry to say that it just gets worse as they get older. Just wait till he starts talking, it will be good times. hahha

Jeana said...

It is so funny how kids either love or hate the car. My kids get soo excited when it is time to get in, but I know lots of kids who dread it... go figure!