Jackson Chance,
Today you are a whole 5 mo. old! Can you believe it?! You're so old. You were a baby at 4 mo., but at 5 mo., you're like a kid! While you were watching "Baby Einstein" this morning, you were talking so loud! I couldn't believe it. You had one hand on the tray of the swing while you were sitting up and yelling at the video. You were as happy as you could be. You even slept for a whole hour in your bassinet today! My, you're growing up!
This month has been action-packed for you. You rolled over, ate rice cereal, and you even sat up for a few seconds on your own. You still love to be in your Bjorn, and you could care less where you're going as long as you're strapped in and moving. I have people stop me wherever I go to tell me how adorable you are. You started to like your stroller a tad, but I'm not holding my breath on that one. You love to jump in your Sassy or your Jumperoo, and it gets all your energy out because you've fallen asleep twice in them. You still love to eat and have taken to rice cereal quite well. You always give that "yuk" face with the first bite, but you're chowin' down in no time. We're going to try green beans today. I wonder what you'll think about those.
You still wake up in the morning as happy as ever. When I get you in the middle of the night, you can barely see my face in the light from the clock, but you're all smiles even if it is at 4:30a.m. I can't help but smile back. You love to be outside checking everything out, and you absolutely love Ollie and smile whenever he comes near you.
You still don't like your car seat, and you would rather sleep on someone than on your own. You don't really like being on your tummy still, so when you roll over, you don't stay there very long because you can't wait to get on your back again. You already don't like getting your face wiped, and you cried for the first time the other day because I took something away from you. Everything goes in your mouth, and you get frustrated if you can't get a hold of something to get it in there. You don't like to sit still, and you don't like anyone around you to sit still either. I have officially changed the poop diddy to "Jackson Chance toots his pants fifteen times a day," because you don't poop that much anymore, but you have filled that void with vapors that make me think otherwise. You are a boy to the core.
You sleep pretty well most of the time at night, but you have a few days in a row where you want to wake me up every 2 hours. Usually, you'll give me 5-6 hours before that kicks in. You are a mystery to me as I am constantly trying to figure you out. Just when I think I've cracked the code, you switch it up on me. You keep me busy and moving at all times. You're the best hobby I've ever had. I burst with love when I look at you, and I am looking forward to watching you grow and being your mom. I was made for this job, and you have been everything I could have hoped for. I have wanted you since I was 14 years old, and I can't believe you're finally here. You're such a blessing and words cannot describe how I feel about you. You make my heart smile every day. You are my world and my love. I love you, Jackson Chance! Thank you for being you.
Love,
Mom
Monday, March 17, 2008
5 Months Old!
Posted by jackson'smama at 12:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I love your monthly letters!
Both of us have a new hobby - his name is Jackson Chance. You are SUCH a good mom, Azure Dee. I am blessed that my grandsons have mothers that are not just good, they are exceptional.
XOXO
You are truly amazing. Your way with words makes me cry every time.
Happy 5 months old birthday Jackson!
love
Gamma and Opa
Azure, you really are a good writer. It's so much fun to share Jackson with you. I wish we had had blogs when you kids were little. I can't remember all the funny stuff and it should have been written down. Keep blogging, all of you!!!
Jackson:
Your Ol' Uncle Mike was having a stressful day yesterday and then I saw how tough you have it and I just laughed my blues away!
Who Loves Ya Baby?
I want to leave work right now, hug my girls, and NEVER let them go! You inspire me... thanks for being such a wonderful mom. Every child deserves a loving mother like you!
Post a Comment