Jackson's getting to the stage where he imitates what I do. This is going to be fun! : ) This video was supposed to be posted when he turned 9mo., but it has taken this long for Blogger to allow me to post a video! Sheesh!
Today Jackson had his 9mo. well-check. We got to the doctor's office right on time, but of course, we had to wait. In the waiting room, there was this really nice girl with her son who was in a wheelchair. It was obvious that her son had no verbal skills and was severely impaired. She asked how old Jackson was, and I asked the same about her son. Her son was 8 years old. She was talking with Jackson, and Jackson was laughing and smiling at her. He was clapping his hands and grabbing anything in his way. I felt guilty that I had a healthy baby. It's every mother's fear that something is going to be wrong with her baby, and unfortunately for this girl, it came true. She was so patient and kind to her little boy, and I couldn't imagine what her day to day life must be like. I feel so blessed and so thankful that Jackson is healthy. Every time I think about complaining about how active he is or how he's into everything, I will think twice. I'm sure that mother would love for her son to be able to do half of what Jackson does. It broke my heart.
With that said, Jackson had a great check-up with Dr. Quan. Dr. Lau, Jackson's regular pediatrician, obvioulsy is more popular than I thought. He needs to be booked way more than 2 weeks in advance! Who knew! Jackson weighed in at 23lbs. and 15oz. I thought for sure that he was going to weigh more! He feels like 40lbs.! He's now 29 1/4 inches long, which means he's 8 1/2 inches longer than when he was born. Craziness! Jackson also had to get two shots today. I always feel bad for him because he's laughing and smiling and has no idea what's about to happen. Like I've said before, Jackson's no whimp! The nurse gave him his shots, and he didn't even cry! Actually, he cried more getting into the stroller than he did when he was stuck with needles! Silly boy!
3 comments:
Very cute! Just a suggestion with video: I've noticed that if I keep it under 30 seconds, it loads without a problem, but sometimes it is just the site and I think they are still fine tuning it.
That tongue cracks me up. Better watch out I thought that you were going to get hit with that wisk. hahhah
Cute video. It's so sweet when they go through that "parrot" stage. Aubrey and Jackson have something in common- they both weigh 23 lbs!!
Post a Comment