CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 17, 2008

9 Months Old!


Jackson Chance,

Oh my! You're 9 months old! It's amazing how time flies. As I write this blog, I am exhausted because you keep me busy all day every day. You're constantly on the go. You can crawl super fast now, and you can make it across the room and into something you're not supposed to be into in a matter of seconds. You crawl, pull yourself up on everything, and you're even starting to stand unassisted for a couple of seconds. You're as strong as you can be, and I predict that you'll be walking soon. That's if you can get those chubby legs off the ground!

You have 5 teeth now. Your smile was already the cutest, but now it's ridiculous. You give that toothy grin while you scrunch up your nose, and it is adorable. You're babbling up a storm these days, and it seems like whatever you're saying makes perfect sense to you. I just go with the flow and babble right back to you. You seem to think that's funny.

You're still getting me up once or twice a night. On a rough night, you'll get me up around 2 for your paci and at 5 for a bottle. You usually go back to sleep until about 6:30a.m. I'm still holding out for the days when you'll sleep from 8 to 8. Hey, I can hope can't I?

You are turning into a pretty easy baby. You still love Ollie, you love the water, you love pulling the racks and miscellaneous stuff out of the dishwasher, you love opening and closing doors, you love when people shake their hair back and forth, you love to eat mommy's hair, and you love to bite me really hard. You like to grab the mini blinds and shake them if you can get to them before I shoo you away. We've been working on staying away from the dog food and water, and I must say that you're a pretty good listener. I tell you not to touch, and for the most part, you don't. I think this is a good sign.

You are kind of obsessed with your paci at this point. You don't cry when I take it out of your mouth, but if you see them laying around the house, you'll make a bee line for one and pop it into your mouth. The other day you were quite confused when you already had one in your mouth and you picked another one up in your hands. When you wake up in the middle of the night, all I need to do is go to your room, put your paci in your mouth, and you drop like a fly. You literally fall down and go back to sleep. Sometimes you just want me to come in and give you a snuggle, and then you'll go back to sleep. I know this could potentially become a problem, but I don't care. You're only going to be this little once. I might feel differently when you're 3. : )

There are a few things you don't like. You definitely don't like to be splashed when you're in the water. You don't like water in your eyes, but then again, who does? You're not too fond of food that has any type of texture. I'm trying to get you over this, but you literally gag when anything thicker than baby food enters your mouth. One time you gagged and threw up. You're kinda drama that way. We'll be working on that, so be prepared. You don't like to be taken away from anything that you really want. In fact, sometimes you throw a fit. You're obsessed at times and won't let things go. You'll crawl back over and over again to get what you want. You can be a stubborn little one!
It's so much fun to watch you grow every day. The traits you have now are the traits you've had since you were born. They just become magnified with each day. Every day is a new adventure with you, and I could still pinch myself, even after 9 months. What would I do without you?! I love you Pumpkin Pie....
Love always and forever,
Your mom

2 comments:

Debby said...

"You're my life's one miracle
Everything I've done that's good
And you break my heart with tenderness
And I confess it's true
I never knew a love like this 'til you

You're the reason I was born
Now I finally know for sure
And I'm overwhelmed with happiness
So blessed to hold you close
The one that I love most
Though the future has so
much for you in store
Who could ever love you more?

The nearest thing to heaven
You're my angel from above
Only God creates such perfect love

When you smile at me, I cry
And to save your life I'd die
With a romance that is pure in heart
You are my dearest part
Whatever it requires
I live for your desires
Forget my own, your needs will come before
Who could ever love you more?

There is nothing you could ever do
To make me stop loving you
And every breath I take
Is always for your sake
You sleep inside my dreams and know for sure
Who could ever love you more?"

Miracle: Celine Dione

zaffie said...

happy 9 month b-day
luv
gamma

p/s AZ we are so blessed!