Today I gave Jackson some banana puffs. He was unsure of them at first, but he ended up liking them, as he does with all food. Don't worry, he was completely supervised. I don't trust him on his own yet with solids even though they melt in his mouth.
I'm in the process of weaning Jackson off the goods. It's a sad thing as it is a bond that only a mother and baby can have. Breastfeeding was not always a pleasant experience because Jackson has the suction of a Hoover, but I stuck with it because I knew it was the best thing for him. I'm going to miss it, for sure, but I think he's ready to move on. Sad, but true. So, if I'm weaning him does that make me the "Weaner" and Jackson the "Weanee?" : ) Seriously, these are the things that pop into my head when I'm awake at 3a.m.
5 comments:
Azure you are hilarious....the suction of a Hoover????? You made me laugh out loud on that one! Sounds like you are going to welcome the relief!
better watch those starfish hands when he starts being able to open the puffies. many of tantrums have been thrown when chubby little hands get stuck in the container and puffies cannot be eaten immediately!
I wonder who can eat MORE, Jackson or Bruno?
Abby loves those silly things. That's pretty much the only thing she will eat when she is sick. I love your description of his hands - so sweet!
Yes, I love the starfish hand description too. It describes those chubby little baby hands perfectly. I too had that love/hate relationship with weaning.
Post a Comment