CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 27, 2008

Updates

We've been out of touch for a few days because Jackson has had a cold and a fever. At one point, his temp. went up to 102.7 last night! It looks like it broke this morning, but we're still not out of the woods. Poor baby!

On a more positive note, Jackson is now an official walker. He walks everywhere and rarely crawls. The other day I took him out of his stroller at the park, stood him up, and he just took off walking all over the place. It's weird that he's at that stage, but I'm so glad he is. He had been crawling for 5 months, and I was ready for the next stage.

Jackson's new thing is to point at stuff and say "Sssaaat?"(What's that?) I'm declaring this as his first words because these are the only words he's said in the right context with consistency. It's so cute when he does it because his chubby, little index finger goes in the air, and he has a quizzical look on his face. It's priceless.

Jackson is also really into feeding the dogs. Since my mom and dad are in Hawaii, I now have two dogs here. A while ago, Jackson started feeding the dogs whatever he had on his tray. Now, he will take whatever he has in his mouth and feed it to them. It doesn't matter if it's chewed up crackers or applesauce. He'll reach his fingers in his mouth, grab whatever is in there, and feed it to the dogs. I'm trying to break that habit quickly, but the dogs are enjoying every minute of it. Gross!

2 comments:

Jeana said...

What is with all the kids getting sick right now? I'm glad he is feeling better!

b said...

I'm so excited that he's walking! How crazy one day he wasn't and the next day he was... Thanks for including my mom on my thank you card! I hope you didn't mind that I brought her- I assumed you wouldn't :) Have fun chasing Jackson around!