I remember the day I found out I was pregnant with you, and how excited I was that you were going to be my little person. The little person that I have dreamed about and now you were on your way. I loved every minute of being pregnant with you. Okay, not every minute, but it was such an amazing experience. I felt connected to you from the very beginning, especially when I saw your 9 week ultrasound with your little beating heart and your big pumpkin head. I can't believe that little image was you.
I remember your birthday well. It was rainy and cold on Wednesday, October 17th. I remember that I was wearing black flip flops, and I almost slipped and fell in the parking lot on the way to Labor and Delivery. Thank the Lord for Mimi who was there to catch both of us. After 15 hours of labor and a c-section you entered the world, and my life hasn't been the same since. I remember the first time they put you in my arms, and I remember thinking how absoutely perfect you were. It was an amazing day, and then I got to take you home.
Your first 5 months of life were a little rocky, but you worked it out and became this content, happy kid. I could sit for hours and just watch you. (Not like you'd let me sit for more than 2 min., but you get the point!) Your smile absolutely melts me. What a blessing you have been to us all!
My heart absolutely broke for you as you came into this world not in a traditional family. I feared that you would miss out on all that life has to offer, but I soon realized that I was going to be able to give you the best home and the best life I could. It may not be the ideal situation, but it's what we were dealt, what God wanted for us. It has been me and you from the beginning, and I thank God every day that you were given to me. You are here for a reason, traditional family or not. You have made me so full of joy and happiness that my other life could have never given me. Now I pray that in return I can give you the love and the happiness you deserve. You are so wanted and so loved, Jackson. You've made me who I am today, and that person is going to do whatever it takes to make sure you live a balanced, loved life. You are my sweet, sweet angel. Happy Birthday, Jackson Chance!
Friday, October 17, 2008
Happy Birthday, Jackson Chance!
Posted by jackson'smama at 12:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Happy Birthday Jackson!! you also brighten our lives we love you so much and pray that we will be around for many years to see you grow up
Gamma and Opa
Funny thing about love...it knows no bounds and conquers all things, traditional or non-traditional.
You are one heck of a mama and Jackson is so very blessed to have you and I know how blessed beyond measure you and your whole family are to have him!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACKSON!!
Happy Birthday Jackson! You are so lucky to have such an awesome mama. Azure, I think you are an amazing, strong woman who has made lemonade out of lemons! Jackson is absolutely adorable too. Happy you were in labor one year ago!!! See ya tomorrow!
Happy Big 1 Jackson.
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Jackosn Pants, Happy Birthday to you!!!
We love you so much Jackson. I can't believe how fast this year has gone. It is just starting to get good. Your cousins are ready to share with you all of the journeys that they have been on. We are so excited for what the Lord has in store for you.
Love you Lots!!!! Auntie Danielle, Unlce Brandon, Luca, Rocco and Bruno
I can't believe he is a year already:-( Time sure does fly by:-( He is so beautiful and so special, I'm sure you will be best of friends;-)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
xoxo
Jackson Pants . . . we are ALL committed to making your life the best that it can be. I truly can't imagine life without you. You nearly have walking conquered! Next week you will be running to keep up with Luca, Rocco and Bruno. Oh boy . . .
happy birthday jackson! I can't believe you are 1 already. Time flies! I can't wait to see what life has in store for you. Best wishes to you in years to come.
And thanks to you Azure for letting us be a part of his life and watch him grow, even though we can't see him every day!
Well, Jackson, you are one lucky little boy w/ a mommy like yours. It has been such a pleasure watching you grow this past year. Your mom walks w/ a little swagger whenever you are with her. You have so many friends and your extended family who will keep their collective eyes on you as you grow. We are lucky, indeed, to have both of you as our friends. Love you.
Happy Birthday Jackson!!!
You know at 1, he is old enough to sign the contract that he will go to Long Beach State, live at home, marry someone who lives locally, etc...
Azure - you continue to inspire me. Your an amazing woman / mommy!
Happy Birthday Jackson! I wish I could be there today to help celebrate your special day. Eat lots of cake for me:) I can't believe how big you are getting and not to mention how cute you are! I can't wait for my little peanut to meet you and your head of curls!
Azure, you are such an amazing mommy. Jackson is so lucky to have you in his life! You continue to amaze me with you positive attitude and strength!
Happy Birthday Jackson! You are an awesome kid and your mom has done an awesome job with you!!! I remember when you were first born with that colick and look at you now!! I don't know how your mom did it but you are sure lucky to have her!!!
Happy Birthday Jackson!!
Thanks for all the Doritos and punch and cupcakes you had at your party today.
Too bad my kids couldn't get past that and into the food:)
Courtney, Hannah, and Kate Ross
If you only knew how much you inspire me to be a better (more patient:)) Mom! Thank you for sharing! Happy Birthday Jackson!
Post a Comment