CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 17, 2008

7 Months Old!

My Little Jackson Chance,

Seven months old! Seriously? Where does the time go?? I try to grasp on to it, hold it tight, but it still gets away from me. As much as I miss your baby, baby days, I am so thankful that you've made it this far. You are a very healthy boy with your big, chubby legs and arms. Everyone still tells me what a "big" boy you are. What usually follows is how adorable you are. Your curly hair is coming in full force, and it is light brown. You still have those beautiful blue eyes with specks of brown. I think your eyes might be Brue.

You still love to jump. When you're jumping, your favorite thing to watch is "Silly Songs", and you especially like "Barbara Manatee." You can sit up all by yourself now, and you're up on your hands and knees getting ready to crawl. I swear you crawled one step today. Since you haven't mastered crawling yet, you definitely don't let that stop you from getting around. You will roll yourself all over or army crawl to wherever you need to go. It's so fun to watch you in your own little world playing with your toys. I wonder what you're thinking.

You still enjoy taking a bath, and you have even learned how to splash. The only problem is that you splash and water gets in your eyes, so you spend most of your bath rubbing your eyes. You're still an awesome eater, and I can't wait to give you real food. I want you to taste the good stuff. Your favorite toys still prove to be the dog toys or any kind of plastic bottle. I wonder why I even buy you toys!

Ollie is still your B.F.F. All he has to do is walk into the room, and you're all smiles. You still love to be outside, and your Bjorn is still one of your favorite things. I'm starting to loathe it because you're so dang heavy! You're still waking up 2-3 times a night, and when I walk down the hall, I see you smiling at me because you've got the bumper pulled down looking for me. You like to take short naps, if any at all. You're a 30 minute guy, but every once in a while I can squeak a 2 hour nap out of you. I never know when they're coming, so it's hard to plan anything. Your new favorite thing to do in public is to yell. It's a happy yell, but still hard to justify while sitting in a restaurant.

You're still not very good at entertaining yourself, but you're definitely getting better. You don't like things to be taken away from you, and you will scream if you can't get it back. You still don't like to sit still. In fact, the other day for the first time, you laid your head on my shoulder and just rested. I thought you were asleep, but you weren't. My arm was killing me, but I was sucking it up so I could enjoy that very rare moment with you.

I love everything about you, Jackson. Your crankiness, your laughter, your sleeplessness, your smile. I wouldn't change a thing about you. You have brought so much depth to my life in ways I couldn't even imagine. Just when I thought I was done loving anything, really, you taught me that love is amazing. When people ask me how you are, I can't hold back from saying how amazing you are. You really are. When you laugh, it melts me. When you cry, it breaks my heart. As much as I don't want you to grow up, I am so excited to see you grow. You're everything to me, Jackson Chance. My heart beats for you. I love you, Toot Toot.

Your Mom

6 comments:

Debby said...

Love is patient, love is kind. Love does not demand it's own way and it keeps no record of wrongs. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful and endures through every circumstance. Even sleepless nights on end. (Paraphrased by Mimi from 1 Corinthians 13)

Yup - I think you got it! Amen!

Mommy said...

"Silly songs" was always the crowd pleaser in our house. Go Barbara Manatee,you are the one for me!!

Bill and Paige said...

I know you've heard this 100x, but Jackson is truely so blessed to have you as a mommy! I know he loves you as much as you love him:)

Anonymous said...

Azure, You are a great writer and this blog will be a testament to your life w/ Jackson as he grows. What a lovely "couple" you are!!! Love you.

themonteleones said...

You do this to me every month...STOP!!! You continue to amaze me with your love and gratitude. Jackson is one lucky boy!!

Jeana said...

OK, you are officially a bigger SAP than I am. I love your blog and you inspire me to be a better mom!