CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 14, 2008

We Did It!

The first night I was to put Jackson in his "big boy" crib, he fell asleep in the car on the way home. I almost, almost let him sleep all night in his car seat just so I could squeeze one more night out of him being near me, but I held strong. I got him out of his car seat at 10:30p.m. He was so tired that when I laid him in his big crib, he went right to sleep. Thank you, Jesus! I wasn't prepared to hear him cry on his first day! Overall, it was a huge success. He has slept in there every night since. Of course, I go check on him every chance I get to see if he's still breathing, but he's a big boy now! I even took the bassinet in my room down so I wouldn't let him sleep in it when I felt weak. To be completely honest, I almost slept on the floor in his room the other night just to be near him. How sad is that?!

This is a picture of Jackson taking a nap in his new crib. Don't be confused by the pacifier. It's solely for decoration!


8 comments:

caxline said...

Yeah Jackson!!!

Debby said...

Yeah Mommy!!!

themonteleones said...

Yeah Jackson and Mommy, that is a huge accomplishment.

Bill and Paige said...

He's a big boy now!!

Mommy said...

He is getting SOOOOOOO BIG!! Good for you Azure.

Anonymous said...

Is he an angel, or what?

Jeana said...

I really know what you mean. The first night we put Ruby in her crib I balled, literally. Anthony thought I was crazy. With Abby it wasn't as hard because I knew she really was going to be ok. Kuddos and be strong!

Kelly said...

He looks so cute in his big boy crib. Good for you and Jackson!!