CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Melting In Lakewood!

Dang, it's hot! Our weather is so crazy here, it's unbelievable. Two nights ago I was wondering if Jackson was going to freeze in the middle of the night, and here we are in my room with the air conditioning on! We only have one, tiny a/c window unit in our house, so we're huddled up here in my room. I had to break out the "pack 'n' play" again and bring Jackson in to my room for the night because his room is crazy hot. It's not worth worrying about him all night. (Does anyone know the grammar rule on when to use "into" and "in to"? I missed that day at school, and it's driving me crazy!)

I know what you're thinking...this is just an excuse to bring him back in to the room with me. : ) For the record, Jackson has been sleeping in his own room down the hall since the first night I wrote about putting him in there. I was strong and stuck to my guns. It does make life a little more difficult, but it's worth it to teach him independence. Although, I can hardly call him "independent" when he's still getting me up 3 times a night! He has been better the past 2 nights, but tonight's a new night! Although sending him down the hall to sleep wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be, I am a little glad that he's back here with me tonight. : ) I promise that he'll be back in his own room as soon as it doesn't feel like an oven in there. You have my word!

Here's a video of Jackson, Ollie, and I taking a walk. This isn't the best video, but it's all I could catch. Jackson is laughing at Ollie walking beside him. The first time it happened, Jackson was laughing his head off, but of course I didn't have my camera. Ollie, on the other hand, could care less about Jackson here and almost gets run over by the stroller while he's trying to get to another dog. Silly Oliver!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WEll, I googled it, and I think when in doubt, use into!! I'm not sure I understand this,but GENERALLY speaking, when "in" and "to" occur together, they should be run together as one word, "into"--UNLESS there's a reason not to! The main "reason not to" is when "in," not "into," modifies the preceding verb. For example, you would say "turn the assignment in to the teacher" to mean give it to the teacher. "Turn in" is a common verb-adverb phrase with a different meaning from "turn into" (to "turn into" something means to BECOME something--a caterpillar turns INTO a butterfly). So "turn the assignment into the teacher" would be incorrect (unless you mean do some magic on the "assignment" so that it "turns into" the teacher!). So MOST of the time (including the example you ask about), "in to" should be "into," but there are many exceptions where the verb needs "in" rather than "into."

Aunt Peggy said...

Thanks Azure, the little giggle is cute but I would love to see Jackson's little face.
PS..I got my 'Favorites'back. Yeppee!

Jeana said...

That always happens to me. I hurry up and get the camera and it is never as cute or funny as the first time. I love his laugh! Keep cool!

Bill and Paige said...

So, I was just about to comment and tell you my mom would give you a grammer lesson!! Low and behold...she already did:)

Sarah said...

ya, it has been super hot lately. So glad it's cooled down now. It's annoying though, that's it's been hot, cold, hot cold. I wish the weather would make up it's mind! Definitely not looking forward to summer! Hot weather sucks!