Jackson Chance,
I know that I'm a day late writing about your 6 mo. birthday, but we've been super busy these past few days and haven't had a chance to write. We did celebrate yesterday, and I can't believe you're 6 months already! I've really tried to make a conscious effort to live in the moment and enjoy every second I have with you, yet the time still slips away. Here you are, half of a year old. I can't believe it.
You grow and change every day, so there's a lot you've accomplished this month. My guess is that you weigh about 21lbs. You have this adorable curl right on your forehead. Some people thought you might have straight hair, but we know that there was no chance of that. You still have your blue eyes, but there are brown specks popping up, and I assume you'll be a brown-eyed boy in no time. I wish you could keep the blue, but what are the chances of that?! You look more like a little man now than you do a baby. You still have the chubbiest little legs, and everyone tells me you're a big boy for your age. You sit up by yourself for the most part, but there are those few times when you'll just dive bomb to the side. You have two teeth now that are still making their entrance, and your smile is crazy adorable.
Your favorite thing these days is to jump. You will jump and talk to yourself, or you will jump while you watch your favorite movies. You like to jump and then stand up as you let out a loud, "Uggghh!" You've gotten pretty good at jumping, and you catch some serious air sometimes. You also love to roll around on the floor. You're super quick too because before I know it, you're on the other side of the room. You love to roll around and pick up whatever is in your way, especially dog toys. You like to sit in your high chair and eat whatever comes at you. So far, you've liked everything I've given you, even peas! Yuk! I don't give you too much food because you're already a little chubby, but you always want more when it's gone. Hopefully you'll eat your veggies this well when you actually know what they are. You still think Ollie is cooler than anything else, and the other day when you were in your stroller and Ollie was on his leash walking beside you, you thought that was the funniest thing. You were belly laughing as we were walking down the street. It was the cutest thing ever.
You definitely have a mind of your own, and you get mad when I take away something you really want. If it's in front of you, you don't care what it is just as long as you can put it in your mouth. To keep you occupied at the store the other day, I let you chew on a bag of frozen veggies. You loved it, but cried like a baby when I had to take it away. You sure are a stubborn little one!
Everyone absolutely adores you, Jackson, and it's not hard to fall in love with you. You get cuter every day, and you're going to be one handsome little boy. I can't imagine my life without you in it, and I have to pinch myself sometimes to make sure that this is really my life. I am so blessed to have you as my son, and I can't believe that God chose me to be your mom. He trusted me to raise you and take care of you, and I promise that I'm going to do the best that I can to make sure you have a good life. No one on this Earth could possibly love you more than I do. You are my heart, Jackson Chance. The reason I live. I love you!
Your Mom
6 comments:
Jackson has two sources to keep the deep blue eyes His great grandfather(on my side) had blue eyes and Ernie's grandfather Opa had blue eyes so did uncle Albert
Lizl(cousin) has blue eyes so there is lots of Halter's that have blue eyes so I say 50/50 chance
Love the update, Az. And I love living it in person even more.
(I'm hoping for green eyes, like Mimi!)
Dang it Az, your like the Barbara
Walters of Blogging. You just get me so teary eyed when I read your blogs. We Love Jackson with all are hearts, Jackson is SOOOOOOO blessed to have you for his Mommy.
Danielle
I think I say this every month when you write these letters but you are one of the most amazing mothers I know. Jackson is one lucky guy!
I wanna join in on the love fest!
He is as cute as they come and I vote for a combo of green and brown eyes...how bout that??
I agree with Danielle....dang Az!
Pass the kleenix!
Azure, you are the best mommy! Jackson is so lucky to have you.
Post a Comment