Today Jackson and I went down to Mimi's house where it is much cooler than it is in Lakewood! These cute, little Lakewood houses were not meant for the heat! They hold on to the heat like it is their long, lost friend.
We went to the beach at Mimi's house today, but we went later in the day and stayed in the shade. I hauled the Jumperoo down there so Jackson could jump while watching all the scenery. He was the hit of the beach, especially when he fell asleep jumping with his head leaned way back and his mouth wide open. People walking down the boardwalk would stop to marvel at how cute he was. : )
Tonight I am going to put Jackson in his big boy crib for the first time at night. I know he should have been in there a while ago, but I haven't been able to part with him. I love having him near me, and that hallway has never seemed so long. I decided tonight was the night when I noticed that his bassinet was starting to droop in the middle. I hadn't realized it until today. When I checked the weight limit on the bassinet insert, it said 15lbs! Woah...we're way past that!
I will miss you tonight, Jackson. You were the best roommate. I will miss hearing you breathe in the middle of the night. I will miss you cooing when you're half asleep. I will miss your eyes peering over the top at me when you wake up in the morning. But...it's time. : (
Sunday, April 13, 2008
It's Time.
Posted by jackson'smama at 8:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
ohh...poor mommy. Be strong..you can do it! just wait a few months and he'll be jumping out of his crib and walking that "long" hallway so many times you'll wish it was even longer!
Awww! Jax will miss you too, mommy!
I tried it too. It lasted about 3 nights and she's been in the bassinet ever since:) It's not fun without her near :( Good luck
Well, you might get a good night's sleep. He won't be waking himself up in the tiny bassinet--he'll have plenty of room to move around.
Post a Comment