Unfortunately for me, Jackson decided that he needed to wake up at 5a.m. this morning for some reason. Having only gotten 3 1/2 hours of sleep myself, I was in no mood to be partying with a 15mo. old at 5 a.m. (Why is it that the nights you really need them to sleep a long time they wake up at 5a.m.?! Murphy's Law??) I wrestled with him for about an hour trying to get him back asleep, and he was having no part of it. None. I thought he might be hungry, so I gave him some milk and laid him in bed with me thinking he'd fall asleep...yeah right.
Jackson was almost done with his milk, and I was just about to get up with him. Note: It was still dark outside. Just as I was lifting him over me, he threw up ALL over me, the down comforter, the bed, himself, everything! I paused for a moment, not really knowing what to do. I looked at him in disbelief, and he did it again, all over everything! I can't quite describe the feeling I had at that moment. It's like that feeling you have when you realize that you just scraped the side of your car on the wall in your driveway (not that that situation has ever happened to me : ). I was flabbergasted for a moment and immediately went into triage mode.
I'll spare the details, but let's just say that when I changed my clothes, my shirt was literally dripping. Needless to say, everything was cleaned, washed, and we're back to status quo over here. Never a dull moment, Jackson Chance! xoxo
P.S. When does baby throw up go from being watery and not that big of a deal to chunky with that vomit smell?? I missed that day in parenting class.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
What a Way to Start the Day!
Posted by jackson'smama at 10:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
OMG! what a nightmare! i can relate! your brain is slowly going - THAT. JUST. HAPPENED. it can only get better from that point!
Oh poor little boy! I hope he doesn't have the stomach bug:)
Yuck. Been there done that...you will learn the next time that after all the vomit it is nice to be able to enjoy the kids sitting still for more than 5 minutes!!
Post a Comment