I love every day that I get to spend with Jackson, but today was a particularly fun day. We didn't do anything crazy or out of the ordinary, but it was a good day. First of all, Jackson started standing on his own much more today. He's been standing on his own for a while now, but today he definitely did it a lot more. He also took a few steps a few times today out of the blue. Usually I have to try to bribe him with something to get him to walk, but today he was just playing on his own, let go of the table, and took 3-4 steps to whatever he was after. I was like, "Oh my gosh! He's walking!!" It's amazing to me every time. Lastly, Jackson drank out of a straw today. He did it once a long time ago and hasn't been able to do it again until tonight. I had a Coke and put the straw in his mouth thinking it would be enough to keep him occupied just for a second while he tried to suck it up, and before I knew it, he was sucking Coke through the straw. Now before you raise your red flag at me giving him Coke, I didn't think he could get it out of the straw! I later put water in the cup and let him suck away. It's so amazing that he does new stuff every day.
Jackson found the "snack drawer" today! The snack drawer is a must have in our house. My parents have one too, I guess that's where I learned it from. My dad is a notorious snacker! Jackson is going to be a snacker too. He's already off to a good start! : )Here he is posing with his new favorite drawer. I love this picture because it shows his big teeth that he's going to use for all that snacking.
Monday, September 29, 2008
Fun Day
Posted by jackson'smama at 9:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hey! That snack drawer looks like mine! Jax hasn't found that one yet . . .
I know all about those snack drawers. My kids now push a stool in front of the pantry to find their snacks way up high! We used to be able to hide them but not anymore.
I saw him drinking out of the straw (water)and it is impressive how well he does I adore this kid
I'll show him your snack drawer at school next time he's there!!! I never met such a slim girl that loves her snacks like you do.
I want to come to your house for snacks!!
Post a Comment