Yesterday Jackson and I were at the store looking at something down an aisle. An old woman and her husband walked by our aisle, and when the woman saw my stroller she said in a very thick accent, "Is that new baby?" I turned Jackson around and she said, "Oh! He soooo cute!" She then proceeded to ramble on and on in her native language about Jackson. Then she went to get her husband, brought him back to see Jackson, and continued to talk in her native tongue. I caught words like, "cute", "big eyes", "how old?" It was a very interesting exchange. Jackson and I just stood there smiling not knowing what to think. Mind you, this went on for at least 3 good, solid minutes. It was quite an experience, but I loved them for that moment. I didn't know them or speak their language, but they were admiring my son. How could that be so wrong??
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment