CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Ears


I used to like ears. I really did. You can hear out of them, they look pretty cool, but they have betrayed Jackson one too many times. Jackson's tube surgery is on July 14th, and of course, he had to get one more double ear infection before the big day. Our 4th of July started out with a bang at 4a.m. with a fever. Knowing where this was headed, I had the pediatrician on call paged. She couldn't do much for me except to refer me to an urgent care. I knew he had ear infections and needed an antibiotic, but apparently a doctor needs to examine him before they can hand out presciptions. Whatever. So down to the urgent care we go. Jackson was actually the most mellow he has ever been in his entire life. Thank God because I was by myself with him, and Lord only knows how long we were going to have to wait to see a doctor. Because I had to hurry to get to the urgent care before it closed, I ran out of the house without Jackson's shoes. No big deal, right?? That is until the mom has to use the restroom and won't dare to put the almost 2 year old's bare feet down on the floor of a public restroom; an urgent care public restroom, nonetheless! Just when I think I've gotten about as talented as I'm ever going to get, I surprise myself. So...after an hour and a half at Willow Urgent Care(not too bad except that we were the last people in the place to see a doctor. Even people that came in 30 minutes after us saw the doctor first. What happened to women and children first??), a prescription for an antibiotic, and a happy mom, we headed home for our 4th of July festivities. Unfortunately, Jackson ran a pretty high fever all night and even had to get into a lukewarm bath around midnight. The fever finally broke early this morning. I tell you, there's nothing like putting your hand on your child's skin and it feeling cool to the touch. Good times!

Just a pic of the Pants. P.s. That is (was) my toothbrush! Jackson!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

He will be so much better after the tubes are in. You will be so glad you had it done.

Debby said...

I can hardly wait for the tubes!

Mommy said...

Tubes Rule!!!!!

Unknown said...

The ear surgery is a piece of cake. you will have the worst time of it when they take him away from you. kate was out playing 2 hours after surgery. tonsils...another story...don't go that route, it's brutal!

Courtney

themonteleones said...

Poor baby!! I hope all goes well!

zaffie said...

my heart goes to you!

zaffie said...

p/s:love the picture

Caitlin said...

Poor little guy :( Hopefully the tubes will be the end of all these ear troubles!