CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 12, 2008

A Love Letter

My Dearest Jackson,
I love to wake up to you every morning.
I love that you go from dead asleep to standing up and trying to walk.
I love that you wake up some mornings and the first thing you do is smile and clap your hands.
I love that you try to walk when you're still half asleep, and it doesn't go very well.
I love that you fall 50 times a day, yet you get up every time and march on.
I love when you and I dance to French music.
I love that you love to read books.
I love that you say jibber jabber as you're reading books to yourself.
I love that chubby, little pointer finger.
I love when you say, "Huuuuuh....wassat?"
I love that you are fascinated with airplanes.
I love that you know where the moon is.
I love how you cross your legs when riding in your car seat.
I love how you do the "Maggie Simpson" when sucking on your pacifier.
I love how you go to bed wide awake with no fuss.
I love that you sleep 9 hours straight at night.
I love how you say, "Ma Ma" even though I'm not sure you know that it's me.
I love how when I say, "Where's Momma?" you point at yourself because that's what I always do.
I love how you love food, just like me.
I love how when you want something really bad, you'll sign "Please" until you get what you want.
I love that you made up your own sign for "All done".
I love that you'll pick up almost anything that resembles the shape of a phone and put it up to your ear as if you're talking on the phone.
I love that you arch your back and throw a fit even when no one taught you how to do that.
I love that you're so passionate about light switches that you'll almost fling yourself out of my arms just to touch one.
I love that you love to play outside.
I love how I turn around and you've found a pacifier, and it's in your mouth.
I love that you love Ollie.
I love that you love to walk around dragging stuff with you.
I love that you know where the Goldfish canister is, and that you sit on the floor right next to it when you know I'm going to give you crackers.
I love that when I put you in your stroller you always look down into the snack cup to see if there are any snacks in there.
I love how sturdy you are.
I love that you get excited to take a bath.
I love that you love to have your teeth brushed.
I love those few times when you'll actually sit still with me and let me snuggle you.
I love how obsessed with hair you are.
I love how everyone loves you.
I love that you can drink out of a straw.
I love that you lift the shades to the window and look outside when someone leaves our house. It's like you have to catch one more glance of them as they go.
I love how snuggly you are when you're in your pj's.
I love how you wrap your arms around my neck to play with my hair.
I love how you lift your chubby, little leg up to get up on the couch.
I love when you crinkle your nose.
I love you because you're you. Thank you for bringing so much joy and laughter to my world.
I love you!!

6 comments:

caxline said...

aw......that's so cute!

Bill and Paige said...

That's so cute! And he LOVES you too:)

Debby said...

Wow - that's a lot of love!

kkp1220 said...

You are too sweet!!!

zaffie said...

that is lots of love but I don't blame you he is so adorable I love all the things he does too!

Jeana said...

I needed that today. Thanks Azure!