CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

"Jackson"

I try really hard to keep this blog "Jackson-centered". I really do. I try to leave my personal life out of it and focus on him, but I can't help this one...

Last night a few friends and I went to see DAVE BARNES play a show in Hollywood. Now if you know me, you know that I am a HUGE Dave Barnes fan. HUGE. I even named Jackson after one of his songs. I know, geeky, but I liked the name first, and when I found out that Dave had a song titled, "Jackson" I was completely sold. Throw away the receipt, sold.

We had a great time at the show turning the back part of the room into our personal dance floor, singing at the top of our lungs, having my first pic ever with someone I am a fan of (usually I could care less about talking or taking pics with people, but my friends insisted I needed a pic with him and let's just say that it didn't take much coercing!), followed by Leonardo DiCaprio walking right by us and then us following him into the club, a late night snack at Kitchen 24, a sprinkled donut at Tasty Donuts, and lots of laughing until I cried and almost literally peed my pants. Finally we ventured home where my sweet, little Jackson was waiting for me. He's the best to come home to.

It was a great night; one that I will smile when I think about for a long time. : )

Me and Dave. Can you feel the love?!

Me and The Girls. Usually it's me and the boys. See...I do have girl friends!!

Until we meet again, Mr. Barnes...

8 comments:

Mommy said...

Az, I am so glad that you got to get out and let your hair down. Good for you. It looks like you had a blast. Love ya.

caxline said...

Looks like you had a blast. I am embarrassed to ask... who is this guy? Is this a sign that I am listening to too much Raffi, Veggie Tales and Playhouse Disney?

Bill and Paige said...

WOW!! I want to come hang out with you! Looks like such a fun night. Do you not have to teach today? Love the pic of you nad Dave (even though I don't know who he is)! You look great!!

Erin said...

that's how we roll! now you got the real Hotel Cafe experience. this is what draws us out on a random tuesday night until 2am! good times!

kkp1220 said...

looks like fun;-) Every Mommy needs a night like this!!

zaffie said...

glad to hear you had fun! I know who he is but never heard his music

Caitlin said...

I'm following your blog now officially! Love going back and reading everything. Tuesday was definitely sooooo much fun :) We need to do that ore often!

Betsy said...

Good for you, Jackson's mom! I'm going to have to look up who Dave Barnes is now... I had to tell you, too, Az, that I love your background enough that it inspired me to do this with blues and greens in my bedroom!