My heart is heavy tonight. Peggy and I went and visited one of our students that has recently been diagnosed with Leukemia. His name is Dallas. Everyone thought he was healthy a month ago, and now he's in for the fight of his life.
Dallas is about the sweetest kid you'll ever meet. When he was in 3rd grade, he'd flash his adorable, dimpled smile at me and say hello every time I'd see him in the halls. I had no idea who he was, but I just would smile back and say hello too. When I found out he was going to be in my 4th grade class, I was thrilled!
Dallas is a fun, happy-go-lucky kind of a kid, and seeing him in the hospital tonight was heart wrenching. He has lost so much weight, and his hair was gone. He looked very sick. There's only so much you can say at a time like this, and I was struggling with it almost every second. So tonight, please thank God for the health of your babies and please say a prayer for Dallas. I love you, Dallas. You're my hero!
8 comments:
He's my hero too!!! And so are his parents. It absolutely breaks your heart. Love you, Dallas.
I was just reading about him on the East Long beach Webiste. I guess they are having a fundraiser for him. I will keep him and his family in my prayers!!!
But for the grace of God go us! Praise Him that we have healthy kids. We don't know the reasons WHY?! and probably will never know this side of heaven.
I am so sorry to hear this! How sweet of you to go see him :) He's in my thoughts and prayers. Kids are able to go through crazy things and come out ok- B is a perfect example of this! We have hope...I do for sure! He is an unbelievable hero in my eyes too!
ernie and I will pray for him so sad!
Unbelievable what a small world it is. Dallas' sister goes to Mayfair and his brother plays in the same league as Trevor. We are playing in a charity softball event on Sunday in honor of him, what a hero he is!!!
You may be able to help!
www.marrow.org
I became a registered donor when Michelle Carew got sick. To date, I have not donated, but would do it in a heartbeat - because I hope someone would do it for me/someone I love if I ever needed it.
In coincidence, Anthony an I ate at Chili's the night they did a fundraiser for him. His mom was outside crying - so sad - the manager said it was the busiest day on record. I am so thankful every day for my kids health and all the other kids I love... I couldn't imagine.
Post a Comment