Today was a day for me to have to stand up and be the big girl mom. First, Ollie was out in the backyard playing, and then decided he was going to rub himself in poop. I'm not sure if it was cat poop or his own, but he thought rubbing his neck up against it was a good idea. Needless to say, he went straight into the bathtub. He hates the bath. So don't rub yourself with poop!!
Second, I was shutting the back door today, and as I was walking away, my foot brushed up against something. I looked down and there was a HUGE Japanese Beetle! You know, one of those really big, green, loud, flying beetles?! I literally screamed and freaked out for a second before I got it together to get the thing out of the house. Jackson was headed straight for the beetle, so I had to act quickly. Fortunately, the beetle was just as interested in getting out as I was. He (I guess it's a "he" -I picture a female one cuter with a little pink bow or something) stayed by the bottom of the door, and I was able to shoo him out. I don't know what I would have done if he would have decided to hang out for a while and buzz around the house. Eeeww!
Lastly, Jackson loves the bathroom, and as we were in there tonight, Jackson grabbed some toilet paper. As I was trying to get that away from him, there was a HUGE black spider crawling on his leg. Again, I screamed and tried to get it off of him as soon as I could. The weird thing was that it disappeared. I couldn't find it anywhere. I checked Jackson's clothes inside and out, and I even checked his diaper to make sure it wasn't hiding in there. No spider. Jackson and I got the heck out of Dodge and who knows where that spider is now! I don't even want to think about it!!
I'm usually not too whimpy, but when it comes to creepy crawlies, I'm not ashamed to say that I'm a total girl. That's probably not the best example I can set for Jackson. Oh well!
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Big Girl Mom
Posted by jackson'smama at 9:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I don't like bugs either. Pretty soon Jackson will be old enough to just smash them for you!!!
I don't like them either. Let's just hope that Jackson doesn't want to grow up and collect them in a cage or something:)
Call Luca, Rocco and Bruno. They are famous for grabbing a tissue and catching some spiders. They are my heros.
I don't know what it is, maybe they like my shampoo, but everytime I walk out of my house or anyone else those Japanese beatles are always flying at me. They don't scare me, but they are starting to get on my last nerve.
We have black widows in the backyard!!! Now I am constantly checking all the outdoor toys for hiding spiders! YUCK! Glad you survived:)
Oh my gosh, how not fun! I would have totally wigged out too! I had to kill a tiny little gnat that was on Brandon a while back and I was so grossed out and proud of my major accomplishment. Ha!
Post a Comment